Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Jump


This post marks only the second time that I'm picking a non-80's song over an 80's song, and the first time I'm picking a post-80's cover over the 80's original.  "Jump", from Van Halen's 1984 album, was released in December 1983.  It was covered on TV's Glee in 2009.  The original is classic synth-rock and is one of my favorite 80's Van Halen songs.  When I'm listening to it, I can't imagine not hearing a synth line.  The cover was one of the first songs I heard on Glee, and it was one of the songs responsible for getting me hooked on that show.  Unfortunately, it ended up being of the few Glee songs that I really liked, and I soon grew tired of the high school drama.  I no longer watch the show, but I still listen to the song.  As much as I enjoy the original, only the cover makes me gleeful.  It doesn't make me want to start watching the show again, but it does make me want to jump on a mattress.



vs.


No comments:

Post a Comment