Wednesday, December 18, 2013

White Christmas


"White Christmas" was written by Irving Berlin and originally recorded by Bing Crosby in the 40's.  Not only is Crosby's version far and away the most popular version of the song, and the most popular Christmas song, it's also the best selling single worldwide of all time.  Through this song -- Berlin's lyrics and Crosby's crooning -- I can experience a white Christmas while staying warm.  It's a dream in the form of a song.  

Among the over 500 covers of this song, the most covered Christmas song of all time, is the 89 version by the New Kids on the Block.  I like this song better than I thought I was going to, but when I listening to it, I find myself dreaming of a white Christmas -- Crosby's "White Christmas".



vs.


No comments:

Post a Comment